Nominated by Laura over at String of Pearls. (thanks Laura!)
Here are my questions to answer:
1. Do you have a favorite saint with whom you feel a special kinship? (Who is it, and why?)
As we approach Easter, I'm contemplating the beauty of Veronica. She's always struck me as such a special saint to have the courage to minister to Jesus on his way of the cross.
As far as a family saint, I feel a special bond with soon-to-be St. John Paul II. I received a blessing from him in 2001 and have felt that blessing throughout the last many years. Our little Mara was due on the day he passed in October.
2. Do you have a "bucket list"? (And if so, what's the first item on the list?)
I don't have a bucket list. I have goals for my life, but there's no list. I'll try to be who I should be today and I'll get as far as I get, I suppose.
3. Where is your favorite place to swim: a heated pool, a freshwater lake, or the ocean?
Elk Rapids, Michigan, at Veteran's park beach. Preferably in late July or early August when the water has warmed.
4. What are three words that describe you? (Sorry--I hate it when people ask me questions like that.)
I would like the words to be faithful, trusting, and generous. I'm somewhere between anxious and frenetic right now.
5. Are you fluent in a second language?
Nein. Non. No. I have learned Spanish and French in years past and am currently trying to learn some basic German before a summer trip.
6. Do you like to travel, or are you more of a homebody?
I like traveling, hate packing and unpacking.
7. What's your all-time favorite book (if you can name just one; if not, how about your three favorites)?
I love to read conversion stories.
8. Do you love to cook (or would you rather eat out and have someone else do it)?
If someone will do the dishes, I'll make anything you want.
9. If you could only have one dessert for the rest of your life (a horrible prospect, I know!), what would you choose?
10. Is there a particular work of Catholic art that is your favorite? (Share the image with us, if you can.)
I love images of Mary as a young mother.
11. What inspired you to begin your blog?
I almost died on March 1, 2010 from an ectopic rupture. That experience left me with the realization that I had not documented my memories, joys, and sorrows in any format my daughter could read when she got older to learn about me. So I started blogging. I share pictures, struggles and joys from my life. In addition to capturing some of who I am for my daughters, I've gained so much from a wonderful community.
The rules of the award are that I should now tag 11 other bloggers. However, I've been down and out for the last couple days, so I'm totally out of it on who has already done this. So, if you haven't been tagged, please, please, PLEASE, take this as your invitation to share about your wonderful self.
Please comment with your link below so I can enjoy reading all about you. And, if you've kept better track than me, tag 11 other bloggers to answer your 11 questions.
Here's what I'm curious to know:
1. How many siblings do you have? (I have 8!)
2. What time of day works best for your prayer/alone time?
3. Have you endured the Winter Without End too?
4. If you live somewhere warm, how do you feel about me visiting?
5. Do you sleep under blankets all year? Even in the sweltering summer?
6. Do your kids (or you) eat sugary cereal? (Or am I the only one that lets that happen?)
7. Do you have any food allergies in your family? What helped you best in learning to cope?
8. What's your favorite blog post of someone else's?
9. What's your favorite blog post of your own?
10. What would be your ideal birthday present?
11. Would you rather be surrounded by others without a break or alone all day?