Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What We're Reading Wednesday

Linking up to Jessica via Clan Donaldson.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KYllqXbjVSQ/Ud2s4tqIf-I/AAAAAAAAFEM/Qsyzc3O_e3w/s1600/WWRWbutton.jpg

 So, I have a confession to make:  I'm hooked on my daughter's books.  When LB was in first grade, it was hard to find anything she liked reading and she didn't pick up reading readily.  So, we got books on CD from the library, LOTS of books. 

The Son of NeptuneWe went through entire shelves at the library.  We discovered Rick Riordan.  We went through the entire Percy Jackson series.  Then, we discovered the Heroes of Olympus series.  I just read The Son of Neptune this week. 

I love these books, there's plenty of adventure and the characters are really well developed.  I also enjoy that it's something I can share with my daughter.  We've listened to them together in the car, we've read them at night together, they're our favorites :)

This one recounts the adventures of Percy Jackson as he regains his memory after the goddess Hera sets him up for a quest to save the world (with the help of some of his fellow demi-gods).  The intricacies of storylines tied together between books and even between series are fantastic.  If you like Greek (or Roman) mythology and are looking for some great literature to share with your kiddos, check out Rick Riordan!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've read any of the Heroes of Olympus. But I have one just starting the Riordan catalog. Onward and Upward! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!