Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Weekend Trip

A couple weekends ago, we made a weekend trip.  With a newborn for the first time in 6 years, packing was quite the undertaking.  Sweet Baby proved herself to be a champion road-tripper on the 3 hour ride.

Dinner on the move

I've taken everyone else's picture....

LB making friends with Deacon the dog

Snuggling with her new buddy

The grown-up boy's toy store

Musicians at the family party

Posing after the party

"Look at me Mom!"

Helping give Deacon a bath

Deacon, the ghost dog :)

Posing after tacos

My sweet girl
Eating snack crackers on the way home
We went on the trip to celebrate my husband's family birthdays this summer.  We stayed with my friend and had a great time.  It was the first time in weeks that our lack of sleep was from staying up and goofing around rather than Sweet Baby's late night feedings. 

We had such a good time, we were already talking about "next time" before we left.  Hoping to get back to see my friend again this fall.  My husband REALLY wants to make the trip's main activity a medieval dinner-joust outing, where you watch medieval entertainment during dinner. 

Still praying and trying to trust in God's plan for the finances of our family.  My nine months of hormone therapy did not result in a pregnancy, so we are waiting on God's will in more than one area.  I did smile at His ultimate sense of humor in bringing home Sweet Baby after 9 months of hormones to try to have a baby :)  SB's plan right now is to return home.  If that doesn't work out, the goal would change to adoption.  For right now, we're focusing on getting her big and strong and letting God handle how long she'll be a part of our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!