Monday, August 18, 2014

AMT {Vol 12}

Linking up with Kendra for Answer Me This :)

1.  What is your favorite room in the house?

I like most of the rooms in my house.  We've been here eight years, and I've pretty much remodeled something in every room, with the exception of the kitchen (it is my least favorite room in this house, probably for that reason).  But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be my bedroom.  It is quiet, I have a lovely, soft mattress and it is away from people.  Growing up, I always thought I was an extrovert, but the older I've gotten, the more apparent it is that I like to separate from people to recharge. 

When Hubby gets home, I often sneak in there, away from everyone and just have a little time away.  Sometimes I bring my laptop in and shut the door behind me and plan dream vacations and blog.  Sometimes I knit, embroider, or read.  There's a TV in there too (I know, half of you have one too, the other half are probably horrified!).  It is my oasis in a small home...and I share it with a pretty nifty guy who only snores every couple nights :)

A close second is our newly-fenced backyard, complete with playset!



2.  Do you subscribe to any magazines or periodicals?

Yes.  Have I read them recently?  No.  I get Mother Earth News and Family Fun.  They usually sit in a stack in the bathroom and get read during kiddo bath time and the like.  My sweet little toddler is horrified by the tub, so the magazines are mostly going to the library donation bucket unread and we're giving her a swift dunk, soap and rinse.



3.  How do you feel about the Sign of Peace in Mass?  Enriching?  Awkward?  Overdone?  Just right?  Some combination of the above?

I think the Sign of Peace is just fine.  I know it can get a little over-the-top in some instances, but our parish doesn't really have any people walking the aisles sharing the love exuberantly, so it's not a problem of distraction in our parish.  I am much more distracted by the toddler next to me than by the lovely old lady behind me who beams with joy when that little turns to her and shakes her hand, "Peace be wit'cha'!"



4.  What is your least favorite sound?

Anything before 6am.  I think I'm with most people on finding certain noises, kids' songs, and the like annoying, but it could be a bird chirping the arrival of a long-awaited Spring and I just don't want to hear it that early!  My alarm goes off twice a week at 5:15am.  That's high on my list too.



5.  What was your favorite TV show growing up?

Anything we were allowed to watch was awesome.  We were a very little/restricted TV house, so I don't have commonality with a lot of my generation in remembering certain shows.  I do remember loving Fraggle Rock, Jem, He-man and She-ra, and the Smurfs.



6.  What are your favorite TV shows now?

I love reality competitions.  Not like the Bachelor or Big Brother, but I've enjoyed many seasons of Amazing Race, Survivor, and have lately started watching Top Chef. 

I love Hulu for current shows and Netflix and Amazon for older shows.

I am eagerly awaiting the season premier of Once Upon a Time and have watched every episode of Doctor Who just so I would know what the heck my brother's family was talking about.....it took me approximately five seasons to warm up to that show and my favorites and least favorites directly contradict most peoples.  I don't understand the numbering because I can never remember where the new series starts, but the first one from the new set was actually my favorite.  He seemed the most trustworthy and least ridiculous.  I wasn't sad when Amy and Rory were effectively removed from the Doctor's life, I was mostly relieved for them that they'd be able to live out their lives together without horrible things continuing to happen to them.  I'm probably the worst fan ever of that show, but I will watch the new ones, because after seven or so seasons, I'm invested in finding out about the girl who dies everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!