Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Theme Songs

Jennifer over at Conversion Diary is asking about our theme songs today.

I love music, being a classically trained vocalist takes nothing away from my love of belting out tunes in the car slightly off key.

The first song I thought of when Jennifer said songs with a special memory or link to a special time in your life was this one:

Change Your Mind by Sister Hazel.  This song takes me back to 19, college, that first bit of freedom, discovering who I was.  I loved this message that I didn't need to be someone else, I should be me and stop the worry, stop the hurry, just shine as me.  Love this.



The second song that came to mind was one Hubby sang for me one night as we danced around the room and then told me he loved me for the first time.  Needless to say, it was our wedding song.  What a Wonderful World by the great Louis Armstrong.



And, I think all of us have a special place in our memory for Eye of the Tiger by Survivor.  Mine is high school sporting events and working out as an adult.  Holy mullets, Batman!



Another fun one from high school was Another One Bites the Dust by Queen.  Did your high school pep band play this?  Ours did.  Lemme tell ya', this is a hard one to rock out on the piccolo.  True story.



I am so loving checking out everyone's theme songs and stories behind them.  Stop by Conversion Diary for more theme song posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!