Wednesday, September 11, 2013

{Five Favorites} and {WWRW} Artie and the Princess


Linking up with Camp Patton (filling in for Moxie Wife) on Five Favorites and throwing in a dash of What We're Reading Wednesday from over in House Wife Spice's neck of the woods.




{1}
 

Sweet Pea rocking this shirt I made a million (or 7) years ago for Little Bean.  Love handmade hand-me-downs!  Note that I bedazzled it, like a good mother :)  I also love that her cloth diaper is hilarious when paired with leggings. 


{2}


After many, many, many hot and dry weeks - there is rain on my sidewalk today.


{3}


This little gem came in the mail today - Little Bean's homeschool ID card - complete with school name that tips the hat to her love of mythology :)


{4}


I love how much she loves to read - in first grade, I really couldn't have pictured this.  Thank you God, for whoever gave me the advice to let her blossom on her own with reading.

Which leads to.......

{5}


Since my life has been all work and no play, I have a guest writer for this last favorite - Little Bean's web debut as she reviews Artie & the Princess by Marjorie Torrey.

What was this book about?
This book is about a dragon who needs a playmate, so he goes off in search of a playmate.  He goes across the forest and sandy plains and finds a mountain.  He climbs it and at the top he meets Princess Pandy. They become playmates.  One day, a prince arrives and is mean to the princess, so Artie spanks him.  This starts a lot of problems.  In the end, they work it out and live happily ever after.

What did you like about it?
I liked how the king always said at the end of talking about things he hadn't done, "although someday I will."

What didn't you like about it?
When Artie spanked the prince, he didn't even put him in timeout.  

Who should read this book?
I would recommend this book to other kids my age (8), especially my cousins.  This is a book for people who like adventures and fantasy.

Thanks LB - we'll count that as your book report for the week :)  I'm starting My Sisters the Saints after Sweet Pea goes to bed tonight - can't wait to review it soon!

Head over to Camp Patton to read more Five Favorites and House Wife Spice for more What We're Reading Wednesday.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!