Thursday, October 18, 2012

Spirit's Prompting

I've been having a lot of dreams lately, or maybe I'm just remembering more of them since I sleep in 1-2 hour increments (so ready for SP to sleep through the night!).  A few nights ago, I had a dream that ended with a friend needing help.  Just as I woke up, I thought to myself that I really did need to do something for this friend, and today was the day.  So, I got into my kitchen and started baking.  I sent her a message that I would have baked goods for her in the afternoon.  My friend was excited to get the food love, and thought that I had coordinated it for the Feast of St. Gerard (patron of pregnant mothers).  Nope, no such organization.

But I think what I lacked in organization I made up for in listening to the prompting of the Holy Spirit.  The neat lining up of everything was very much a God thing, not a me thing.  I tend to have a hard time reaching out to others to offer help.  It's definitely stepping out of my comfort zone.  So, I've been wondering this week, how many times have I thought, "I really should do x for y." and then not done it because it was out of my comfort zone?  How many moments have I missed out on being an ambassador of kindness when I was called?  Something I'm really thinking about this week; am I stepping up to the Spirit's calling?  Big thing or small thing, I can't but feel that I might need to tune my ears a little more carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!