Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tis Better to Give....

A few years ago, a neighbor went to the hospital and I brought her young family a meal.  Well, that's not entirely true, I made my husband bring it over.  I like to give people things, but I always feel like it's so unusual that people make a fuss, and then I feel embarrassed or like I'm intruding.  My husband has been my ambassador on more than one occasion, but slowly, I'm trying to step out of my comfort zone and do it myself.

I love to give presents when there's an occasion where it's expected (hence the relief of any awkwardness on my part) and it's so fun to make a great, useful present.  I have had the excitement of a baby shower and a bridal shower for some dear friends in the last several weeks.  Here, some pictures from the presents.


Above:  The Anywhere Chair (ties around a chair to keep a toddler in place during a meal), a baby sling and a knit blanket all wrapped in a fleece blanket.


Above:  A towel cake - memory foam mat, 2 towels, 2 hand towels and 2 washcloths 

Right now I'm working on another knit blanket for my husband's friends new addition.  Please keep the little guy in your prayers, he was 3 months early and has to undergo heart surgery soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!