Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Weekend for Family

We're blessed to have family in the area.  Many of our family members live within 20 miles.  It's nice to have the babysitters and the community that family provides.  This weekend was a time for family.  We celebrated two momentous occasions on my husband's side of the family.

On Saturday, we took a short trip to the next town over for a 60th wedding anniversary celebration on my husband's side.  His grandparents are celebrating the actual anniversary later in the year, but this time of year was great for everyone to get together, outside of the holiday rush.  It was a great gathering of family with four generations present.  To the left is a picture of the bride on her wedding day in 1950. 

Below is a picture of some of the grandchildren and a great-grandchild playing together.  They range in age from 18 to 5, but all had a great time together :)



One of my favorite things to do at family reunions is talk....it's one of my favorite things to do in most cases!  I spent so much time talking and catching up with family, I didn't take very many pictures, but it was a great night!

On Sunday, we headed 3 hours out of town for a baptism.  We took many trips of this length to visit my grandparents when I was a kid and it was such a nice day trip.  We got to see tons of family over the weekend that we only usually get to see at the hoI made sure to take plenty of pictures this time around. 
Getting ready for the party

Mother and Daughter
An intense reader!
The happy family following the baptism
Cousins catching up!
Great-Aunt enjoying the moment     





The first time I met my husband's family, I was a little startled by the volume of their festivities.  This weekend was no exception.  My husband's family was lively as ever, playing an intense game of soccer following the luncheon - something we all miss out on when we gather for Thanksgiving or Christmas in the MidWest!

The adults going full force


I only see 1 kid in this picture....
The teams included adults and children and were divided boys against girls.  It came down to the final minute.....take a look!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!