Friday, January 17, 2014

{7QTs} All About the Birthday Boy/Guy

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes about Benedictine Beer, LinkedIn fails, and complaining with metricsToday, my oldest nephew turns 13!  He's the guy who made me an aunt.  I remember exactly where I was standing when I found out my sister-in-law was in labor.  I remember driving straight to the hospital from the local community college where I worked/attended classes.  I sat with my brother (who had the panicked look appropriate for every first-time father) and my sister-in-law.  I remember my sister-in-law's mother handing me my brother's car keys (pretty sure that was the only time I ever got to drive his little sports car).  Since the baby was four weeks early, not everything was quite ready - I ran and filled my brother's car with gas and picked up some supplies from their house.  In honor of his ever-approaching journey to manhood, here are 7 QTs on this kid (not so much a kid anymore).


1.  Always ready to lend a helping hand


2.  A little more laid-back than his younger brother these days....



3.   Still not too cool to carve pumpkins with his family (but he drew the line at a costume this year)



4.  Always the one holding a baby (nice face Little Bean)


5.  This perhaps says the most about his heart...this wasn't prompted



6.  Always ready for a game



7.  We're all so blessed to have him as part of this crazy crew


Happy birthday to one of the best young men I know.  Visit Jen for more quick takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!