Saturday, February 4, 2012

Family Day

We're lucky enough to live in an area with lots of fun family activities.  LB is doing swim lessons on Saturday mornings, but after swim lessons, we headed off to one of our local middle schools had a science fair. 

We found out about it through my brother that is a student teacher in that school district.  We were already planning a trip to our local art museum for their family day, but decided to make it a double feature by heading to the science fair first.

Of course I forgot to bring my camera in to the science fair, but LB had a great time holding baby chicks, listening to a talk on (and seeing!) birds of prey and experimenting with dry ice. 

At the art museum, I made sure to get pictures and here are a couple:







This week, we also dog sat for an old friend.  The sweet pup is one of LB's favorite furry people in the world and she had a great time playing with her :)






We also had a field trip this week to our local military history museum.  LB had the most fun in the dress-up/children's room.







And the big accomplishment of the week......LB got 100% on her spelling test!  This warranted a treat:






LB is a huge fan of press-on nails and has been working on getting 100% for a few weeks to earn a set :)

Next week I should have the week off work and I got some fabric in the mail that I'm so excited about.  I hope next week sees a how-to blog on my newest creation for the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!