Wednesday, February 15, 2012

All things Valentine

So, I DID make it to the fabric store to start working on tutus for the girls, but haven't made much progress on them yet.  I hope there will be pictures to follow next time, but life is about to get crazy again with work. 

In the meantime, some highlights from our family's Valentine's Day.

An early morning treat to start the day right.

A closer look because my husband said it was hard to tell they were hearts when they were in a ring :)

A happy recipient!

The perfect hair for a Valentine's Day celebration.

We actually made it out over the weekend without the kids!

The pregnancy is going well - here are some of the most recent pics:

 So, I think this one is about 22 weeks.
This one is just over 24 weeks.  People keep telling me that I don't look noticeably pregnant.....looking at this picture, I think to myself they're either being very charitable or don't remember what I used to look like!

Life is just as busy as ever, but it'll be busier still in a few months, so I'm trying to find time to get the house in order and get some projects done pre-new baby.  I'm also vacillating between worrying about my weight and eating Valentine treats :)  I'm trying out new/more exercises in hopes that this will slow down my weight gain a little (I've gone from being the star patient for not gaining any weight one month to the chastised patient for gaining a couple extra.....)  I'm trying to stay focused and not gain unnecessary weight - after all, every extra pound I gain is one that has to come back off again (hopefully) afterwards!  I do have the occasional, "BUT I'M HUNGRY!!!" moment, but overall, I'm doing pretty well :)

On some days, my husband is able to make it home for lunch, which is nice because I can go for a walk/very slow jog on the college campus a couple blocks from our house.  On the other days, I'm working on strength and stretching, or, like today, taking the kiddos with (much to LB's chagrin - she's not a fan of walks).  I haven't changed my diet a whole lot, after all, I'M HUNGRY! =P  We'll see how the extra exercise goes this month, if that doesn't slow the weight gain to where the doctor wants, breads and other sweet treats will be on the chopping block :( 

If I don't talk about how I've been working out regularly, everyone should offer to watch my kids so I can go get to it!  :)

Hubby's job has been highs and lows, but walking by faith is a learning process, just like regular walking.  We're still in the pulling ourselves up on the furniture phase I think, but we're working on it! 

Thanks for all the prayers and know that your intentions are in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!