Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Long Way Home

Whew!  What a week.  Last Saturday saw us in Texas visiting my brother's family for my godson's First Holy Communion.  The drive is long and the road is pretty mundane....but the people at the end of the path are priceless :)


























Once we were home and recovering from a serious lack of sleep on vacation, it was back to business as usual.  That means my husband is sending out resumes, and also, that I'll be starting to look for work soon too.

Many of my husband's possibilities in the job market will lead us somewhere far from family across the country.  While we will follow where we are led, it's hard to know what we should be doing.  I'm really looking for signs from God that I shouldn't be entering the workforce again.  So far, the signs aren't pointing that way.  My husband was laid off on the feast of St. Gianna Molla, patron saint of working mothers, and I happened across a job posting this week in our area that I am qualified for and would actually really enjoy......not promising signs on the staying home front! 

So, I'll be pursuing this job lead and praying that God's will be done and that our family follows the path we should. 

This past weekend's drive to Texas and back may have just been a preview of the travels our family will be called to.  Depending on where my husband finds employment, we may find ourselves taking the long way home.

1 comment:

  1. {Hugs} and prayers coming your way, dear!! Your trust and faith in God is so inspiring. He will lead you to the right place!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!