Monday, May 12, 2014

Answer Me This {Vol. 5}




Linking up with Kendra-don't-call-her-Kenny over at Catholic All Year for Answer Me This.

1.  What's for dinner?

Mother's Day dinner was takeout.  In the fridge right now, I have chicken, bacon and some other sundry ingredients that will be turned into something the people around here can consume this evening.

Tasted even better than it looked


2.  What's the last thing you borrowed from someone?

I have muffin tins sitting on top of my microwave that I need to return to my mom.


3.  What is your favorite prayer?

I have a propensity for anxiety.  My prayer to calm those rough moments is, "Jesus, I trust in You."  Over and over and over again until the prayer becomes a reality.


4.  What is the oldest thing in your house?

I was tempted to say Hubby, but then I remembered a couple antique pieces of furniture in my attic.  My great-grandmother's dresser and my great-grandfather's rocking chair.


5.  What's the best concert you ever attended?

Ummmmm......not really a concert goer.  I have a friend who is a local musician and have been to a few of her shows, they were pretty awesome :)


6.  Do you have a nickname?

A few.  I am named for the Virgin Mother and her mother.  I am also named after my mother, I have a sister with the same first name, and even when I got married, my MIL had the same first name.  I don't use my given name much at all. 

That's why you'll notice the name here is "Annery".  Not what my mom named me, but actually an old nickname from high school.  In my day-to-day interactions, most people call me Annie, which is also not my given name.  My brother calls me Anne Marie, also not my name.  My dad is the only person in the world allowed to call me Anna Banana....although, I think everyone could say it at least the one time if I won this from Conversion Diary:

7qt259 contest1 7 Quick Takes about your awesomeness, saints working through Youtube, and me buying you a banana suit
I've entered, now we're all crossing our fingers!


Any one of those nicknames is much more likely to get my attention in a crowded room than the name I sign to my checks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!