Monday, December 7, 2015

Cross Stitch Saints: A Review

Items were provided, thoughts are my own.

Nancy from Do Small Things with Love was kind enough to provide LB (10) with a cross stitch saint pattern to review.
L selected Blessed Mother Teresa to cross stitch.  

When we got the package, it included the embroidery floss, all labeled, the pattern, the fabric, and the hoop.

I gave L a few pointers on tightening the hoop and marking each stitch on her pattern as she continued so she wouldn't lose track (I had her poke a hole in the stitches on the pattern after she stitched them on the fabric so she'd know where to pick back up after putting it down for a bit).

Just starting out

About halfway there!

She did it!

In the beginning, L seemed a little overwhelmed at getting started on this project.  However, once she started, she seemed to gain momentum throughout the project.  She would run up to me and show me her progress, she took pride in completing a project on her own.

It was such great practice at following a pattern and the end result is lovely.  

An unintended benefit of this project was that we both had handiwork to do together.  As I sat knitting, she would pick up her cross stitch and we would talk or watch something together.

That alone is worth the purchase.  That slow, quiet time together was so great.  Even more wonderful that we could talk about the saint she was working on.

If you're looking for a little something to tuck into a stocking, I really recommend this for the budding or practiced crafter in your life.  

Check out Nancy's shop.  I think the next thing I want to make is one of the felt alphabet books.  They look perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome positive, supportive sharing in this community. God bless!